Lead Product Designer, Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Onyx by J.P. Morgan is an innovation team that leverages emerging technologies to develop ground breaking new products, platforms and marketplaces for the future of payments. As a venture within J.P. Morgan's institutional bank, Onyx applies blockchain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security into the products we create to develop and re-architect the way that money, information and assets move around the world. The people who utilize these systems work fast-paced and information-intensive jobs within the complex industry of Finance. Onyx Design utilizes human-centered design to find insights and design solutions that enable simplicity and value for people.
We are actively seeking an energetic, accomplished and motivated Product Design Lead to join Onyx Design. Successful candidates will shape the future of the world’s first bank-led blockchain platform helping to transform the way money, information and assets move around the world.
Are you a lead product designer who has expertise partnering directly with product managers and technologists to apply human-centric design methods to research, conceptualize, model, and design innovative experiences?
If yes, put your product design leadership into action by joining Onyx Design and shape the future of payments on bank-led emerging technology. You’ll work in close collaboration with product and technology partners to create viable, feasible, and desirable digital product experiences.
The Product Design Lead will join this unique and specialized team to design new products and enterprise-focused services. This is an end-to-end design role for individuals who can work hands-on to understand complex business processes, elicit user requirements, design future experiences and collaborate very closely within product teams.
- Set-forth a human-centric design approach with rapid testing and iterative prototyping for the design of simple and meaningful enterprise solutions
- Partner with product managers and strategists to formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques
- Lead cross-functional, collaborative design thinking workshops internal to Onyx and external with customers to set-forth human-centered creative problem solving
- Steer not just the design but also the product strategy with a fact-based understanding of customers
- Focus teams to continually think about the customers we serve, their goals and jobs to be done for the successful design, development and delivery of product experiences
- Create compelling prototypes and visual stories to demonstrate early proof of concepts
- Create visual assets and stimuli that prompt discussions and insights from subject matter experts to simplify deep and complex processes within different industries
- Set-forth a proposed solution from inception through to deployment ensuring that the vision becomes a reality
- Create, present, and document proposed design solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- Utilize tools, such as Figma and Lucid to define and design product concepts assets including information architecture, interface design, and visual specifications
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Deep Product Design Expertise – At least 7 years of direct experience focused as an “end to end” user experience / product design professional
- Strong Business Acumen – Demonstrated experience designing solutions and services within complex business domains similar to financial services
- Exceptional Communication – Able to present work to senior managers and/or lead conversations with client stakeholders to extract insights and requirements
- Supreme Collaboration - Ability to work in matrixed environment with many partners and stakeholders with different thinking styles and priorities
- Engaged and Flexible - Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a very fast-paced, dynamic and ventured based environment
- Professional Services Orientation - Prior experience working in a design consulting and agency domain
- Education - Academic and applied knowledge from recognized university in one or more related areas including: HCI, UX Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Service Design, Design Research, Psychology, Anthropology, Prototyping, Design Strategy. Master's degree preferred. Bachelor required.
- Curiousity - Success in this roll depends on quickly learning and synthesizing deeply complex systems and processes, from a work flow and human point-of-view
- Craftsmanship - Mastery of tools to generate compelling visual stories, interaction design and interfaces
- Storytelling - A compelling portfolio of business outcome based work will be reviewed before an interview can be scheduled.