Java Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Java Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology - Client Onboarding team, you will serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions, across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture.
- Participate in technical reviews, define/Improve processes on configuration management, deployment and resiliency planning for the application.
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Application Resiliency, and Security.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter.
- Exposure to UI Development using Node JS, Angular/React JS, Bootstrap, HTML5 and experience with integrating middleware technologies/channels.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Exposure to BPM tools, preferably JBPM.
- Exposure to Rules Engine, Preferably Drools.
- Exposure to cloud technologies.