Director of Software Engineering, Wholesale Credit Risk Client Management
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
If you are a software engineering leader ready to take the reins and drive impact, we’ve got an opportunity just for you.
As a Director of Software Engineeringat JPMorgan Chase, you lead a technical area within Wholesale Credit Risk Technology and drive impact within teams, technologies, and projects across departments. Utilize your in-depth knowledge of software, applications, technical processes, and product management to drive multiple complex projects and initiatives, while serving as a primary decision maker for your teams and be a driver of innovation and solution delivery.
- Leads technology and process implementations to achieve functional technology objectives
- Accountable for decisions that influence teams’ resources, budget, tactical operations, and the execution and implementation of processes and procedures
- Carries governance accountability for coding decisions, control obligations, and measures of success such as cost of ownership, maintainability, and portfolio operations
- Delivers technical solutions that can be leveraged across multiple businesses and domains
- Influences peer leaders and senior stakeholders across the business, product, and technology teams
- Owns technology roadmap in close partnership with Product Owners within specific Product domain
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience developing or leading cross-functional global teams of technologists
- Experience with hiring, developing, and recognizing talent
- Experience leading a product as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Practical cloud native experience
- Expertise in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Credit Risk domain expertise
- Experience with Java web applications, including caching, API development & UI libraries including Angular & ReactJS.
- Experience estimating infrastructure requirements and planning for future growth and optimizing performance, scalability and stability.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills (Add up to 6 unique bullets specific to your role)
- Experience working at code level