2024 Software Engineer Program - Tech Connect - Full-time - Bournemouth, Glasgow & London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
What You Can Expect
Tech Connect is designed for individuals from all different backgrounds and experiences, who do not have formal computer science / Software engineereducation, but have the drive and desire to become successful Software Engineers.
Launching your career through Tech Connect means you will:
- Join a full-time, multi-week Java training program to build your coding knowledge and skills, and prepare for your transition to our full-time two-year Software Engineer Program.
- Receive specialized technical training and one-on-one coaching from our team of expert developers and support from managers, senior leaders, and your program management teams.
- Work with colleagues to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
- Create and improve the design, analytics, coding and testing for high-quality software and new products.
- Own projects, keeping teams and stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed.
- Participate in our Force for Good program to develop tech-based solutions for social good organizations while learning new skills and collaborating with JPMorgan Chase tech experts.
Locations you may join in the United Kingdom:
You will only be considered for your first choice location preference, so please just select one.
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology, who are curious and want to continually learn and improve our products and services.
We’re committed to hiring diverse candidates from all different backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking to help those underrepresented in technology gain the right skills to join our team. We have identified that this underrepresented group includes female, LGBT, Black, Asian and other ethnic minority candidates as well as candidates with disabilities. However, please note that all applications will be considered on merit. Our multi-week intensive Java training will start your career in technology. If you have a passion for innovation, technology and financial services, this program will help you develop into an industry-leading professional. Because we’re looking for those with fresh perspectives, your ideas and experiences will be valued from the beginning.
- A demonstrated interest in building coding skills and pursuing a career in software engineering
- A well-rounded academic background is important — a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is preferred
- You should have graduated and be available to start on the Tech Connect Program in July 2024
- An expected graduation year from December 2023 to December 2024
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Quick learner with logical-thinking skills
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities. (Waiting on updated language from legal)
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.