Quantitative Research - Rates - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Quantitative Research (QR) is an expert quantitative modelling group in J.P. Morgan and a leader in financial engineering, data analytics, statistical modelling, and portfolio management. As a global team, QR partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions, contributes to sales and client interaction, product innovation, valuation and risk management, inventory and portfolio optimization, electronic trading and market making, and appropriate financial risk controls. QR Rates partners with the J.P. Morgan Rates business to deliver analytics for Interest Rate Derivatives.
We are looking for a talented Quantitative Researcher to join the QR Rates team in London. Our team’s focus is on delivering best-in-class models and systems to support pricing and risk management of Interest Rate Derivatives. You will have a balanced mixture of responsibilities, including: model research software development, pricing and risk analysis. discussion with the trading desk, and model documentation. You will have a chance to :
- develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models
- develop cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to value and hedge financial transactions
- work closely with trading desks to give market exposure
We provide on-the-job training, intensive classroom training and online courses, given by experienced quants. Through the diversity of the business it supports and the variety of functions that it is responsible for, the Quantitative Research group at J.P. Morgan provides unique growth opportunities for you to develop your abilities and your career.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- You have strong software development skills in Python or C++
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- You are familiar with probability theory, stochastic processes, numerical analysis, and statistics
- You demonstrate good communication skills, both oral and written
- You have ability to explain complicated technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment of real-time market pressures, remaining focused on client needs
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Relevant academic research publications are a plus
- Knowledge of Rates products: Swap, Inflation, Loans, Repos, Bonds, Structured and Exotic deals
- Knowledge of machine learning/statistical techniques
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team