Global Real Estate - Design and Construction EMEA Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JP Morgan has offices and operations in more than 60 countries across more than 5500 properties, totaling approximately 75 million square feet. The Global Real Estate team consists of more than 400 employees, executing 13,000 capital projects per year globally totaling nearly $2 billion a year in design, construction and capital invest. You will manage teams executing project requests relating to repositioning programs, renovating and reconfiguring office space, replacement or upgrading building infrastructure and support systems, and relocating staff. The region currently has ~200 active projects, and an approved budget of ~$300MM. Light travel will be required when appropriate to projects across the region.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the Project Teams including the conceptual planning, programming, engineering, construction, furniture procurement and installation, security systems, IT structured cabling, user occupancy and final Project close-out in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
You will monitor design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of the performance of the work is done in accordance with established standards, contractual agreements, and as expeditiously and economically as possible.
- Provides direct support to the individual team leads and project managers who manage design and construction projects. Knowledge of best-in-class practices to deliver these programs, and managing and organizing project workload distribution among existing team to ensure project deadlines are being met.
- Contributes to the planning of real estate strategy across the portfolio and directly responsible for budgets at the time of capital planning
- Responsible for coordinating vendor management to ensure proper coverage across the region. Ensuring competitive pricing on all contracts following policy on bidding guidelines. Providing feedback to vendors and leading negotiations to best leverage vendor pool in scale.
- Expertise in building and managing detailed construction budgets and schedules, logistics plans, and change management protocols, etc. Responsible for the approval of every commitment, invoice and change order generated in the region and that they meet policy
- Develops and implements operational plans, actions and programs in support of long-term business objectives. Providing resources to support all projects, from minor moves and remodels to major renovations as well as infrastructure projects
- Incorporates global firmwide initiatives into projects including decarbonization and other sustainability objectives
- Responsible for the Operational risk assessment for highly technical activities and technical support for building infrastructure projects
- Responsible for mentoring and effectively developing staff, inclusive of 3rd party contingent workers. Managing teams in keeping with a “One Team” philosophy. Ensuring a proper resource plan to effectively manage the regional book of business
- Participates on development of strategy for reducing JPMC’s footprint in various leased sites as lease terms allow
- Accountable for all data integrity and accuracy in the project management system of record as well as all monthly executive level reporting for the region
- Collaborates proactively with leadership of internal Global Real Estate stakeholder partners including but not limited to, Finance, EHS, Monitoring, Security, Technology
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Deep knowledge of construction industry and managing large scale projects for high profile clients
- Experience working with industry-leading consultants, construction managers, subcontractors, vendors, contracts of all types, permitting, incentives, etc. and ability to work with them to deliver high quality programs
- Proven track record of managing simultaneous capital projects, ranging from $50,000 to over $100MM
- Ability to balance meeting budgets with quality and timeliness
- Superior communication, influence, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong proficiency in compiling and presenting written project correspondence to executive leadership
- Experience and knowledge of business processes and procedures, applications, workflow, and planning
- Detailed knowledge of business services and systems and implementing corporate policies
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Preferably extensive work experience, working in Real Estate or Project Management
- Bachelors or master’s degree (or equivalent), with preference for Construction, Engineering, Architecture or Business
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability and presence of mind to escalate issues when required
- Ability to motivate teams to produce best results
- Strong working knowledge of full MS Office suite, with excellent financial modeling/management skills in Excel