Investment Banking - Healthcare (Biotech) - Vice President - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than two hundred years. We have been a leader in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We collaborate across the globe to deliver the solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 100 countries and hold global leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm every day. This is why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan's Investment Banking Healthcare coverage team provides a full range of investment banking services to numerous clients across the EMEA region. Its clients include many of the world's leading firms in their respective industries. The Group's primary focus is on delivering creative solutions to clients across the full Investment Banking product spectrum, including mergers & acquisitions as well as equity and debt capital raisings.
You will work with top-tier professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank. You will work on some of the most significant deals in investment banking, interact with clients almost immediately, travel for the firm and handle increasingly important responsibilities. You will be expected to have a specific focus in the Biotech subsector in which J.P.Morgan has a globally leading practice.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of large and complex valuation and analytical exercises
- Building and using financial models
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc and liaising with relevant counterpart at the client/ other advisers (accounting, legal etc.)
- Being responsible for monitoring and evaluating current events, valuation and other financial information on the clients of the group
- Conducting industry and product research, including working with scientific and clinical trial information
- Executing end-to-end client transactions
- Support the preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic client dialogue
You will gain exposure to IB coverage professionals in other offices worldwide, as well as work with various product coverage teams worldwide.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Prior investment banking experience
- Specific background working with companies in the broader healthcare sector with a specific comfort and proficiency with the Biotech subsector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills (including Excel modelling and valuation work)
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, and have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and to develop innovative solutions
- Candidate needs to be adaptable, able to manage projects independently and be ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong academic background – preferably with specialism in the biological and/or medical sciences. While not required, a relevant advanced degree (eg MD or PhD) would be advantageous
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Excellent understanding of financial, legal and reputational risks facing large integrated investment banks in today's environment
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.