EMEA Equities Prime Delta One Product Controller - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Product control is a key function within Finance and Business Management, acting as the point of contact in finance for the trading businesses, primarily responsible for the ownership and execution of control processes to ensure oversight over the accuracy and validity of reported profit or loss and risk.
You will be working with the EMEA Equities Product Control team supporting the Prime Finance business with a focus on the Delta One business. The primary function is reporting the daily and monthly P&L to traders and senior management. The role requires extensive interaction with Front Office traders, and partnering with Financial Control and Operations. You will also have involvement with Project teams and various other functions throughout the bank.
- Assist with daily P&L reporting and month-end close processes
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Experience doing P&L and month end close process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Detailed understanding of equity swaps
- Independent and motivated self-starter who takes end-to-end ownership of processes and improvements
- Challenges the status-quo
- Keen interest in building automation using tools such as Alteryx