Lead Product Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So, we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the centre. We have created a new organisation and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on an exciting new venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
We are looking for a hands-on experience design lead to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing products and services for our customers. You will also manage and mentor other designers and help them reach their career goals.
This role requires an extensive understanding of experience design for digital products and services with a focus on mobile. A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and motion/visual design is a must.Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designers, technologists and business experts to create new customer-focused products and services.
- Supporting and partnering with teams to direct discovery work.
- Lead and advise on how to run discovery, design and delivery research through the facilitation of workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions.
- Advocate and provide guidance on how to use customer insights and data to inform the user experience.
- Have a clear understanding of the business drivers behind product goals.
- Creating, delivering and supporting other designers delivering high-quality design outcomes like concepts, user journeys, wireframes, UI flows and detailed UI design.
- Work with the design system team to represent customer and business needs.
- Present and communicate work and recommendations to the wider organisation.
- Manage stakeholders and proactively solve issues affecting design quality.
- Collaborate and provide direction to design team members and other stakeholders to identify new opportunities for a design or feature vision that creates value for our customers.
- Manage and mentor designers.
- Support best practices and methodologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Uphold design consistency and excellence of design deliverables.
- Be an advocate for the customer and foster a shared understanding of customer centric design in the organisation.
- Hands on experience in roles such as Product/ UX designer, across multiple devices and platforms (UX/UI of mobile + web customer-focused applications, experience with consumer applications preferred).
- Strong portfolio of design work/case studies demonstrating your principles, methodologies, and approaches.
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs.
- Effective communication of journeys and solutions across roles & levels.
- Ability to communicate intended experiences to product owners and developers.
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences.
- Proven understanding of mobile application design and screen development.
- Expert knowledge in the native iOS and Android design & interaction patterns and platform constraints.
- Experience using a test & iterate approach through usability studies, and collaborating on early UX research methods.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to actively listen, hear and understand what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent.
- Proven experience in managing others effectively through adaptive leadership.
- Comfortable developing and sustaining effective and cooperative working relationships with reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on user centred design.
- Flexibility / adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus).
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Principle, and other digital methods.
- Expert knowledge of modern design systems, prototyping software, and design tools (we use Figma).
- A passion for helping create an environment where people can do their best work.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- 27 days annual leave
- Exciting, inclusive culture
- Support and opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Annual volunteering day
- Extensive financial, health and parental benefits
- Private healthcare
- Generous employer pension contribution
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, let’s chat!