Derivatives Lawyer - Foreign Exchange & Rates - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You will take on the role of lead lawyer supporting all aspects of our Foreign Exchange and Rates derivatives businesses, from complex transactional work, to advisory work on a range of regulatory matters as well as market infrastructure (ranging from topics such as the trading venue perimeter to Distributed Ledger Technology-related solutions). The transactional side of the role is focused on high profile and complex transactional matters such as deal contingent transactions, physical and synthetic risk transfers and the hedging of structured finance transactions and the innovative repackaging of such structures. The successful candidate should have extensive knowledge of UK and European derivatives law and regulation and should also be familiar with Foreign Exchange and Rates derivatives products. This is a challenging and exciting role that will enable you to experience life at the forefront of industry developments.
- Providing assistance to the business (Sales, Trading and Structuring) to negotiate, document and structure complex derivative transactions and identify and advise upon the legal, regulatory, credit and other risks that may arise. The role also involves liaising with other internal departments (credit, risk, accounting and compliance) to explain the intricacies of the transactions in question.
- Advising the business on key industry developments including matters such as changes in licensing regimes, the recasting of the Global FX Code, developments in emerging market currencies, issues arising in the context of sustainability-linked derivatives and Rate reform initiatives.
- Advising the business on a range of regulatory matters, the margin rules, Brexit and onshoring, Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and the Central Securities Depositories Regulation.
- Representing JPMorgan at industry fora & advising on regulatory change and implementation affecting the business.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- You will be licensed to practice law in England & Wales or a similar jurisdiction
- An experienced derivatives lawyer with extensive knowledge of both transactional matters and derivatives law and regulation
- Can think on their feet and provide on the spot legal and regulatory advice
- A team player, confident and proactive, enjoys working closely with Sales, Trading and Structuring
- Have exceptional organizational & communication skills with excellent drafting skills
- You will have good attention to detail
- Is interested in transactional work, including regulatory implementation with good commercial awareness