Asset Management - Client Advisor UK Funds - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is committed to providing exceptional service to our clients and business partners. Our sales and client service teams, marketing support, and product specialists, are dedicated to the support of our clients and leverage the capabilities of our global firm to deliver to our clients. We provide an integrated approach to client servicing in order to meet the client’s full range of investment and servicing needs. Each new client is assigned to a Client Service team which consists of a Client Advisor, Client Account Manager, Portfolio Manager and Investment Specialist.
The UK Intermediary market is a key priority for the future growth of the J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) business and we are looking for an Executive Director level Client Advisor to join our team who will be a key contributor to the success of the business going forward. Our UK Funds team is responsible for managing relationships with key decision makers, influencers and research teams at our top tier distribution partners in the UK Intermediary and Wealth Manager channel as well as financial intermediaries in the Middle East and Africa.
You will partner closely with the rest of the UK Funds team and investors, marketing, product strategy and wider resources across the firm to strategically position JPMAM’s capabilities and range of products and solutions. You will have a ability to form strategic partnerships with key clients and prospects to develop and deepen the existing relationships, place investment products, create innovative investment solutions and grow JPMAM’s market share. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a proven track record of delivering results and who would like to join a dynamic team environment on the next stage of this exciting journey.
- Effective coverage of key clients primarily in London (but also potentially the Middle East and Africa) to including expanding the dialogue with C-suite and senior stakeholders to ensure that JPMAM is positioned as a strategic investment partner.
- Assist UK Country Head with executing strategic plan for growth for the UK Funds business and team by increasing assets under management, revenues and market share through developing and growing relationships to meet defined sales targets
- Develop strong product, operational and platform expertise while building internal relationships to provide effective solutions to client requests, as well as strategically identifying product solutions to complement clients’ or prospects’ platforms and gaps.
- Co-ordinate with Regional CAs, Investor teams, Senior Management, RFP team, Investment Trust and ETF Sales teams, Market Insights, Product Development & Strategy, and Marketing to ensure seamless implementation of Head Office and Fund Panelling Strategy with field execution across key strategic partnerships.
- Partner closely with all channel sales and investor teams to prioritise product focus and oversee client proposals end-to-end.
- Ensure close monitoring and progress tracking of requests for various information and projects at the same time.
- Coordinate with JPMAM CA teams in other regions globally to ensure a consistent universal approach across regions/countries and delivery of an integrated client due-diligence approach and experience.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Relevant industry experience forging strong and successful strategic partnerships at a senior and multi-national level.
- Experience in managing complex, global clients and extensive due diligence processes with exemplary client engagement and interaction skills; preference for individuals with coverage of the top 10-15 private banks and large multi-managers.
- Strong technical investment knowledge, with excellent understanding of markets, fund solutions, competitive positioning and regulatory environments.
- Analytical with experience selling complex products and solutions across the asset class waterfront (equities, fixed income, multi-asset and liquid alternatives).
- Effective communication and messaging skills, and strong internal networker at all levels.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Self-sufficient with excellent planning, time management, and organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to steer toward challenging deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to make positive contributions to the business in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- A team player with a commitment to creating an inclusive culture where talent at all levels of the organisation can thrive.