Experience Design Lead, Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As an Experience Lead in Corporate Technology, you will take a holistic approach to experience and innovation across Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk- and develop solutions that have an everyday impact on employees within these functions across the globe. In a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary setting, you will establish strategic and creative design leadership for a green-field initiative looking to transform and elevate the employee experience for Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk.
This is a hands-on role for a senior design leader, who wants to influence the design & development of a green-field initiative.
- You will mentor a team of Designers and researchers.
- You will establish and maintain the standards for design excellence across this team. Scaling best practices, processes, and frameworks to deliver compelling experiences for employees across a number of products.
- You will define, deliver, and evolve a framework to support a design system that can successfully scale across channels and products.
- You will ensure decisions are user-centric and data driven. Working to foster continued collaboration among Product, Technology, and Research teams to not only deliver exceptional experiences, but drive business impact.
- You will enable a framework and mechanism to support early ideation for an evolving solution.
- You will be responsible for designing cohesive, accessible, and usable prototypes that help understand the desirability of new concepts.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
We’d like you to have extensive product design experience, both as a team lead and as an individual contributor. In particular:
- Experience building immersive digital products and/or services across several channels and geographies.
- Deep understanding of user-centric design principles and methodologies, with experience in user research, usability testing, interaction design, information architecture, UX writing, Design Systems, visual design, service design, and prototyping.
- Experience working in various hands-on design roles, subsequently developing into a design leadership role.
- Experience building modern design & content systems.
- Experience creating large scale user journey interaction models, and defining experience principles and architecture.
- Awareness and practical understanding of current web & mobile technologies, and their application and relevance to rich interactive experiences.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- A desire to solve hard problems
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for a design hero, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on design strategy, principles, practices, and implementation patterns.
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly.
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you and the team to design solutions and approaches based on the end goals.
- Experience working with executives on crucial, ambiguous, ‘Big Picture' strategic challenges that involve different teams. Demonstrated ability to push strategic change in products and initiatives based on user needs, business needs, industry shifts and innovation.
- High standards. We are looking for people who expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Clarity of thought. We operate quickly and efficiently, and we value people who are economical with their time and clear with their opinions. This is critical also because this role will define principles that guide the work of others.