Software Engineer III - ServiceNow
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Software Engineer III - ServiceNow at JPMorgan Chase within the Digital Workflows technology team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Design, code, test, and deliver software leveraging firm-wide frameworks and best practices for the ServiceNow platform.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Proven hands-on coding experience in ServiceNow platform implementation preferred; off-platform development experience welcomed
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.
- Experience in flow designers (Flows, sub flows, custom actions)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience implementing ServivceNow ITSM and TAM modules
- Extensive knowledge of best practices developing in the ServiceNow platform or proven ability to learn a new platform quickly. Experience should span writing custom widgets, tool navigation, configuration and scripting
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow data model (including task hierarchy, CMDB, user, groups and roles, data relationships) or other relevant data modeling exposure.
- Experience implementing business rules and scripts, including client scripts, fix scripts and schedule jobs
- Experience implementing inbound and outbound API integrations (REST)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow performance assessment and best practices for improving performance (preferred) Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely