Wholesale Credit Risk - Natural Resources – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an Associate to join the Natural Resources team within Wholesale Credit Risk EMEA covering clients for the Corporate & Investment Bank and Commercial Bank.
You will cover clients across a broad range of industries including Oil & Gas, Metals and Mining, Chemicals, Pulp Paper & Packaging, Building Materials, Utilities and Commodity Trading.
You will work closely with business partners across the region including Debt Capital Markets, Acquisition and Leveraged Finance, M&A, Corporate Bank, Markets (including the Global Commodities Group) , Treasury Services and Trade Finance.
You will be focused on performing credit analysis on Investment Grade and Non-Investment Grade clients as well as structuring and documenting a wide variety of credit products. The role will benefit from flexible work arrangements, including work-from-home and office rotations.
- Takes responsibility for the pro-active management of credit exposure to a portfolio of client and industry sectors.
- Anticipates emerging risks and work with peers across the bank to understand and mitigate the impact to JPM
- Leads in-depth due diligence processes with clients (both new and prospective) and coordinate and produce concise and insightful credit memos with clear recommendations.
- Builds financial models, challenge industry teams on modelling assumptions, devise appropriate downside scenarios and be able to clearly articulate key modelling conclusions.
- Develops close working relationships at senior levels with a variety of areas within the Corporate & Investment Bank and CCBSI, including Coverage/GCB/CB, product specialists (DCM, LF, Trade, TSS), Markets (Derivative Sales), Capital Markets and M&A.
- Negotiates legal documentation (IG/LF LMA, ISDA & CSA) and help to structure transactions to mitigate risk to JPM
- Understands of J.P. Morgan’s Risk management policies and related interactions with various stakeholders (including Regulators and Auditors).
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Must demonstrate first rate analytical and credit skills/judgment, with an intensive 'hands on' approach to digging into the details of credit and structure.
- First rate project management skills and demonstrable end to end ownership of work/projects.
- Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, internal business partners, product specialists and credit officers, and to partner with them effectively.
- Proven coaching and development ability towards more junior colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Self-starting, result-driven, multi-tasking, risk-reward mindset and adaptable to change given the dynamic nature and timing of workflow.
- Significant experience in roles with relevant skills for this position.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Previous experience of reviewing and commenting on loan documentation/core corporate derivative documentation is recommended.