Climate Risk Data – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Climate Risk team at JPMorgan is developing a new strategic data platform to host climate risk data and analytics going forward. We are building a team to help drive this initiative forward. This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a growing team and shape the direction of climate risk data at the firm.
The Climate Risk Data team is responsible for delivering on all aspects of data management. This includes working closely with a wide range of stakeholders such as business, vendor organizations, technology, data science, data consumers, governance, and controls. The Climate Data team will plan data requirements and set up capabilities for appropriate data validation, monitoring, access control, reporting, and data quality control.
The Climate Risk Data team will be expected to ensure delivery of comprehensive data for user consumption, including for climate risk modelling and analytics, maintain data dictionaries and lineage, improve data quality and consistency, and support governance requirements. In addition to Climate Risk there will also be the opportunity to contribute to similar initiatives in the Environmental and Social Risk Management function.
Strong enthusiasm to learn new things, especially related to Climate Risk and overall ESG efforts is key to the success of this role. You should be able to demonstrate participating in a large-scale initiative with high impact. More specifically, you should demonstrate having deployed relationship building skills, with a superior ability for execution; worked effectively within an agile environment.
- Works closely with Product Owner team and technology team to translate business data requirements into technical requirements and document them appropriately.
- Integrates data assets across Climate Risk platforms, processes, and strategies and on going maintenance of Climate Risk Data product confluence page/repositories.
- Executes Quality Assurance tests on Climate Risk product components developed by technical teams.
- Develops reports using data analytical/reporting tools per business requirements.
- Interacts with Business as necessary to provide QA results, analyses on data research, and obtain new requirements.
- Adheres to appropriate data governance practices in line with firm guidelines.
- Defines, creates & maintains necessary artifacts, such as data dictionaries, data lineage, process flows and user guides/job aids..
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Experience in data management, data quality, data profiling, data mining and data processing experience
- Experience developing data visualization techniques and tools for communication to internal and external stakeholders, e.g. using Tableau, Business Objects, Alteryx or similar
- Experience in a Risk, Controls or Operations function required
- Knowledge of Wholesale and/or Home Lending data a plus
- Experience with Python/Spark a plus
- Understanding of and experience operating under Agile Methodologies, particularly as part of a product owner team
- Ability to convey information clearly, accurately, and succinctly (both written and verbally)
- Ability to research and make consistent, well-founded decisions
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment
- Experience in SQL with operating in big data environments
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) technologies a plus