Global Data Assets and Alpha Group - Head of International Market Intelligence - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
An exciting, senior level opportunity has arisen to join The Global Data Assets and Alpha Group as a Head of International (EMEA and APAC) Market Intelligence. We expect you to thrive on pioneering leadership, have strong finance knowledge, possess true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
Our Global Data Assets and Alpha Group deskprovides clients with a single touch point for trading data and associated signals and insights via 3 core pillars: Market Intelligence, Data Intelligence and Positioning Intelligence. The Global Data Assets and Alpha Group sits within the Equities Trading division of J.P. Morgan. We are a global team of 12 front-office and client-facing employees based across London and New York.
In Market Intelligence team, within the wider Global Data Assets and Alpha Group business, we are responsible for producing tactical high frequency data-driven market insights and trade ideas leveraging macro, fundamental and political inputs. We publish daily “Early Look” pieces for the US and International (EMEA and APAC) markets, plus ad hoc deep dives on policy developments, ESG and equity themes.
As Head of International (EMEA and APAC) Market Intelligence, you would be responsible for leading the International Market Intelligence team in coverage of European and Asian markets. You will be creating daily written pieces on dynamics in those regions, creating data-driven markets insights leveraging the wider team’s and firm’s data toolkits, and discussing those views and developments with buyside clients, trading and sales. Technically you will sit within the Prime business; however work across Prime, Delta 1, Derivatives, Cash and Macro / FICC to build a broad set of stakeholders across the firm.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the International Market Intelligence team (2 people), and collaborating closely with the US Market Intelligence team and the wider Data Assets & Alpha Group.
- Creating daily original, analytical and commercial Market Intelligence content covering Europe and Asia, assessing policy, macro and micro news flow and the potential impact on equities.
- Assimilate broad sources of data (including research, technical, positioning and survey data) and quantitative techniques to create a differentiated content offering; using technical experience to automate and quantify analytics where possible.
- Disseminate tradable ideas across single stocks and the basket / thematic space.
- Communicate Market Intelligence views to the external and internal client base, including long-only institutions and hedge funds: progress measured by broker votes and data scorecards.
- Present at conferences and on our regular podcast series regarding the data-driven insights, market implications and investor feedback.
- Work closely with trading to ensure views on intra-day events are comprehensively covered and collaborate closely with research to ensure views are correctly understood and disseminated.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Significant demonstrable research, sales or buy side experience in equities, fixed income, FX or commodities.
- Strong understanding of fundamental, positioning and technical dynamics of markets.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical and mathematical skills, coding preferred.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.