Senior Principal Architect, Public Cloud
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You’re a pro who wants to influence the future of technical architecture and our team is looking for people like you.
As a Senior Principal Architect at JPMorgan Chase within Enterprise Technology, Infrastructure Platforms, you provide specialized expertise to influence the target state architecture and strategy. Work across teams to implement and advance the adoption of complex strategic global solutions that give JPMorgan Chase a competitive advantage.
- Provide consultation for line of business applications team on how to migrate their enterprise application to cloud using well-architected designs to maximize the capabilities of cloud computing
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with the ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information
- Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Translates highly complex technical issues, trends, and approaches to leadership to drive the firm’s innovation and enable leaders to make strategic, well-informed decisions about target state architecture
- Drives adoption and implementation of technical methods in specialized fields in line with the latest product development methodologies
- Establishes and leads an architecture governance body
- Creates durable, reusable software frameworks that improves velocity and quality of output across teams and functions
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Coach, train, and mentor to improve the maturity and value of the Cloud practices
- Proven experience in architecting solutions for large-scale cloud migrations within an enterprise setting
- Demonstrated expertise in crafting well-architected designs, application development, testing, resiliency and operational stability to maximize the capabilities of cloud computing for enterprise applications
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, NodeJS), applications, and architecture disciplines.
- Experience applying expertise and new methods to determine solutions for complex architecture problems across various technical disciplines
- Extensive practical cloud native experience and tools, such as Terraform
- Ability to evaluate current and emerging technologies to recommend the best technology solutions and approaches to achieve the future state architecture
- Ability to present and effectively communicate to Senior Leaders and Executives
- Deep knowledge of major public cloud platforms, ideally with AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or equivalent professional level or specialty certifications
- Deep understanding of Container / Kubernetes based architectures
- Deep technical architecture experience with demonstrated increases in responsibility
- Awareness and practical experience with implementing Resiliency and FinOps practices
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.