Business Assistant - Corporate Investment Bank, EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Business Assistant in the Investment Bank, you will be required to support the senior tier executives of the firm within this fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess significant knowledge and expertise with an advanced skill set, able to demonstrate at interview their ability to support at this senior level. Working with limited direction and sound judgement you will have gained experience in a similar position ensuring a solid EA background and possess a strong degree of flexibility given the demanding nature of this role.
Additionally, you should have a high degree of confidentiality, strong work ethic, good time management, resourcefulness, diligence, and a strong business and client deliverable focus. Abilities to work outside the core EA responsibilities is desirable as there may be additional hybrid assignments relevant to Line of Business (LoB).
It is an office based role.
- Advanced, proactive diary management; to include senior internal/external meetings, conference calls, and ability to manager orchestration of Off-Sites/Town Halls/Skip-Levels, senior board engagements
- Manage complex multi-leg travel arrangements within policy. Co-ordination of flights, trains, check in, VISAs, accommodation, and ground transportation logistics. Handle a multitude of frequent changes at short notice and prepare accurate travel itineraries
- Internal and external client handling to include client facing interaction with senior public figures and officials across various industries globally plus the co-ordination of department scheduling & transactional activity
- Oversight of expense processing, partnership with offshore team and onshore EMT
- Ability to face off to wider support groups and partner with Business Management and other key business stakeholders cross LoB. Confident to act on behalf of seniors with a strong degree of ownership
- Ability to utilise internal systems, complete accurate data entry, produce reporting, MIS and metrics, and collate information using MS Office suite as required
- Oversight for distro lists, technology usage and other administrational housekeeping
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Professional executive client handling, ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Advanced executive diary management, can apply good judgment and understand competing priorities
- Strong, executive communication style both written and verbal with high degree of confidentially professionalism and gravitas
- Experienced travel coordinator: production of accurate itineraries, plan B & C, able to navigate systems expertly and optimise travellers time effectively with oversight of business costs
- Can demonstrate pro-activity and ownership within the role
- High level technical capabilities
- Strong awareness of expense systems and cost control initiatives e.g., can champion expense policy and challenge stakeholders at point of booking where necessary