Desktop Platform Principal Software Engineer, Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are looking for a game-changing career, working for one of the world's leading financial institutions, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Investment Bank, Digital Platform Services organization, you will be a key contributor to an agile team, utilizing your expertise and engineering prowess to develop, enhance, and deliver top-tier technology products. Your role will involve leveraging your advanced technical skills and collaborating with colleagues across the organization to promote best-in-class outcomes across various technologies, supporting one or more of the firm's portfolios in a secure, stable, and scalable manner.
- Creates complex and scalable coding frameworks using appropriate software design frameworks
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Advises cross-functional teams on technological matters within your domain of expertise
- Serves as the function’s go-to subject matter expert
- Contributes to the development of technical methods in specialized fields in line with the latest product development methodologies
- Creates durable, reusable software frameworks that are leveraged across teams and functions
- Influences leaders and senior stakeholders across business, product, and technology teams
- Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and proficient expert experience.
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Expert in one or more programming language(s) C#, Java Spring Boot
- Native Windows application development experience
- Experience building Desktop container platforms
- ElectronJS experience
- Advanced knowledge of software application development and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience applying expertise and new methods to determine solutions for complex technology problems in one or more technical disciplines
- Experience leading a product as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Ability to present and effectively communicate with Senior Leaders and Executives
- Practical cloud native experience
- Database modeling, MySQL, CockroachDB a plus