Data Management Director - Chief Data Office Client Reporting
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Join JPMorgan in a critical role established aiming to define the Asset & Wealth Management data strategy and support the consumption and use of data!
As a Data Management Director - Chief Data Office Client Reporting you will be partnering closely with the Client Service and Technology teams and you will lead the data strategy and architecture work supporting the Client Reporting Transformation Initiative.
- Drives the data strategy for the Client reporting Transformation initiative by developing and syndicating strategy documents that describe the business case, user journey, data architecture, flows, requirements and capabilities as well as OKRs and ROIs
- Works with technology and business teams on designing the end-to end functional, data and technical architecture
- Drives data architecture decisions that will impact product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes. Owns, defines and manages the implementation roadmap for the data products and workstreams
- Prioritizes key deliverables in collaboration with Architects, Global Product Owners and Stakeholders
- Leads a team who will execute on the roadmap and deliver across multiple data workstreams in line with the data strategy to support Client Reporting Transformation initiative: Architecture & Capabilities (from data ingestion to distribution and publication), uplift of systems of record and adoption, data governance, standards and data ownership of client reporting data)
- Engages across the organization to leverage data management capabilities, including data products, data mesh, data quality, data modeling and data lineage. Acts as key representative and advisor to the Client Reporting Transformation team & associated partners on all data related matters. Defines and enforces data governance policies and procedures, including data quality standards, data integration, data security, and privacy.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in data related initiatives and in managing large scale transformational programs, preferably at a major financial institution
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight. Excellent understanding of Metadata and Data Management constructs
- Ability to think outside the box to find ways to engage across the organization and design innovative data solutions
- Aptitude to balance strategic objectives with the need to make interim tactical choices in order to sustain progress
- Strong interpersonal leadership, partnership and influencing skills – ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like manner and achieve goals without direct control over resources. Track record of developing and managing employees
- High level of personal initiative and leadership, and of setting and achieving challenging goals