Financial Crime Operations: Investigator
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for a new role where you can use your skills and expertise in preventing Fraud and Financial Crime?
We continue to expand our consumer business in the UK and to develop our fraud/financial crime operations function in Edinburgh and so have a new role within our Financial Crime Operations team as an Investigator.
These positions are fraud focused investigator roles and will be required to respond to and manage escalations from all Chase UK employees in regards to financial crime/fraud concerns. The Financial Crime Associate will be responsible for investigating unusual activity and deciding whether a Suspicious Activity Report is required to be filed. Filing will also be completed by the Associate.
You will be expected to provide support to the wider company where required, attending forums/meetings to keep up to date with current financial crime intelligence/trends and support the call centre as part of the leadership team. You will be expected to contribute to the continuous growth/improvement of The Financial Crime Operations: Investigations Team and Chase UK as a whole, especially in regards to fighting fraud/financial crime.
As part of the Financial Crime Operations: Investigations Team you will become multi-skilled and work across the banking functions to help us build what we aim to be an industry leading fraud operation and be integral to protecting the bank, it’s customers and the wider public from fraud/financial crime.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- We would expect you to have detailed knowledge and experience in financial crime/fraud within a banking/financial services or similar environment.
- Able to deal with complex/high risk financial crime scenarios
- Ability to analyse, & interpret ambiguous information & data, spot & resolve problems, make risk assessed decisions
- Ability to maintain risk based controls
- Good communication skills, communicating with internal/external stakeholders, able to write clear and concise reports
- A flexible and professional manner, taking ownership of workload, able to provide guidance to other members of the team, a desire to develop/learn new skills
- Knowledge of financial crime/fraud risks facing the industry
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Experience of Salesforce & Investigations
- Previous experience or knowledge of operational risk, financial crime, fraud, change management and process design
- Knowledge of Financial Crime Legislation/Regulations i.e. POCA 2002