Investment Banking - UK M&A - Associate – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly motivated to work in a dynamic team and to contribute to our Investment Banking business.
Joining our UK M&A team, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of an M&A transaction, covering a variety of different industry sectors. You will have great exposure in the vast majority of the major M&A transactions that take place in the UK and consistently rank as one of the UK's pre-eminent M&A advisory franchises. As an UK M&A Associate, you will play a vital and accountable role in supporting execution of public and private M&A transactions involving UK corporate and financial sponsor clients and for overseas clients involving businesses based in the UK&I.
You will work with expert professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank and will get exposure to formal training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities. You will develop strong skills in the major areas of investment banking and will be given the opportunity to develop into a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing your own transactions.
- Work with J.P. Morgan product and sector teams
- Build and use complex financial models, completing valuation and analytical exercises
- Draft presentation materials, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic client dialogue
- Transaction execution: support in public and private M&A transactions across all workstreams including due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc and liaising with relevant counterpart at the client/other advisers (accounting, legal, etc)
- Keep abreast of key market developments and establish knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Monitor shareholder activism in the UK and assist with clients development strategies
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
- Experience with UK Takeover Code and private transactions
- Solid communication and team player
- Demonstrate interest and focus on deal execution
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- CFA Level III certification (or similar)
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products (can be enhanced and further built via training)
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers (can be enhanced and further built via training)
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.