Lead Software Engineer, Full Stack Java/Cloud
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Java Full Stack Software Engineer in FRDC at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s). Java/React is preferrede.
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry and their IT systems
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- In-depth knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases with hands-on exp with PL/SQL and shell scripting.
- Strong experience working with high-volume batch processing applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting and fine-tuning high-volume data processing applications.
- Practical cloud native experience