Wealth Management - Funds Product Management, Analyst, London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The International Funds Product Management (IFPM) team serves as subject matter experts and is responsible for the overall product management of regulated mutual funds and ETFs used on J.P. Morgan Private Bank’s investment platform - a multi-fund platform that provides pooled investment solutions to wealth management clients around the globe. The platform consists of both third-party and proprietary JPM sponsored mutual funds & ETFs, with continuous growth anticipated.
Our team builds, maintains and develops relationships with both world leading investment managers and internal corporate partners (ex. portfolio managers, trading specialists, corporate lawyers, tax specialist, risk management) to deliver active and passive investment vehicles to the J.P Morgan Private Bank.
Among its core activities and in partnership with internal stakeholders, the team leads business conversations with external investment managers to represent J.P. Morgan Private Bank’s investment needs, define/create investment solutions and ensure the execution. This includes product structuring or customization, negotiation of product fees, negotiation of distribution agreements, and coordination of product delivery to the platform by ensuring broad availability for selected vehicles. The team also performs ongoing management and maintenance of the investment platform. This includes addressing the evolving needs of the platform and business, supporting bankers and investors in ensuring product availability, and advising internal stakeholders on key developments affecting the products (e.g. business trends, regulatory changes, etc.).
- Responsible for the entire product management cycle of active/passive funds and ETFs; Drive the process for launching investment products in line with business priorities and in coordination with internal and external partners.
- Internally the role requires close interaction with our internal corporate partners across Manager Solutions, Legal, Risk, Tax, Compliance, Governance, Middle Office. The team will also offer expert advice to Investment Teams, which includes PMs, Investors, and Bankers, on non-investment related matters pertaining to the product.
- Externally the role is responsible to establish and maintain relationships with Fund Houses and ETF providers and partner with them for the launch of investment solution, the negotiation of business terms and distribution agreement
- Responsible for partnering with front-office investors and the portfolio management team to improve the fund palette and tailor investment solutions for advised/brokerage and managed solutions
- Act as SME in the resolution of issues impacting the products and support the ongoing management of the fund investment platforms
- Responsible for the management of Fund House requests including Know Your Distributor (KYD) surveys, Due Diligence Questionnaires, Amendment of legal contracts, etc.
- Support the team by assisting in the implementation of effective processes for new product launches and ongoing product management pipeline
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Highly motivated team player with proven ability of problem solving; adaptability/ability to work in fluid environment; act with independency and proactively collaborate with the team and stakeholders. Strong multi-tasking, highly structured and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to make personal connections, engage and educate stakeholders, ask open-ended questions and listen to establish trust and build lasting relationships with people of different seniority.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong analytical and planning skills
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills; excellent communication, interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in the asset or wealth management industry would be beneficial
- Highly competent with core MS Office applications – e.g. Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of programming language tool (i.e. Python) and business intelligent tool (i.e. Tableau, Alteryx) is expected
- Strong written and verbal English required. At least one other European language (Spanish, Portuguese, German, French) is advantageous
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Understands the wealth management and the fund industry (mutual funds, ETFs, SMA)
- Has a relentless focus on execution and enjoy taking ownership for the delivery of measurable results.
- Is able to gain in-depth understanding of issues; propose and implement solutions.
- Adapts to changes and turns challenges into opportunities.
- Has an enquiring nature and a fast learning curve
- Thrives in team environments, ensuring effective communication and collaboration with colleagues.
- Enjoy working in a multicultural and diverse team.