Senior Lead Software Engineer, Java/Azure
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Join our dynamic and innovative team at JPMorgan Chase Enterprise Technology as a Senior Lead Software Engineer – Java/Azure. Here, you will have the opportunity to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products, while promoting significant business impact and advancing your technical expertise.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer – Java/Azure at JPMorgan Chase within the Enterprise Technology team, you will be an integral part of an agile team. We work together to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You will have the opportunity to promote significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply your deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on Java programming language concepts and proficient advanced experience
- Proficient in Java programming language.
- Hands on experience with a public cloud provider. The team work on Azure, and are happy to consider candidates with experience on AWS or GCP.
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight.
- Hands on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Understanding and experience of API development in context of public cloud.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform).
- A solid understanding of modern application infrastructure design and non-functional requirements (security, performance, scalability, availability, etc)
- Understanding of public cloud architectures patterns for identity, networking or logging
- Familiarity with Hashicorp products