KYC Team Lead
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for a new role where you can combine your KYC expertise and Team Leadership skills?
We continue to expand our consumer business in the UK and to develop our Financial Crime and KYC operations function in Edinburgh and so have a new KYC Team Lead vacancy.
Part of the Financial Crime Operations Team, the KYC team is primarily responsible for performing end to end reviews of KYC profiles to ensure compliance with corporate and local regulatory standards for new clients, incremental new business, periodic reviews, and remediation of existing relationships.
As a KYC Team Lead, you will support the build-out of the KYC function and manage the day-to-day operations of the review processes. You will oversee a team of Specialists responsible for the timely review of KYC records and partner with the KYC Specialists to remediate any findings during manager review. You will work with key stakeholders in Compliance, engaging with Corporate KYC Quality Assurance Team and GFCC Review Teams to ensure policy adherence.
- Direct oversight of the KYC Reviews process, ensuring all KYC cases are reviewed, calibration with specialists conducted and remediation complete whilst providing direct supervision and guidance that can be adaptable to both new hires and experienced KYC Specialists as needs are identified
- Manage case pipeline of incoming cases, ensuring prioritization and timely processing and assist with change management for integration of KYC policy, procedures, and training material updates for the KYC Team
- Maintain a globally agreed quality pass rate for their team engaging with the Quality Control team to review, disposition and remediate any findings
- Collaborate with management for new starter training plans and ongoing knowledge sharing to the KYC Team, driven by root cause error analysis and promoting best practice
- Manage performance of KYC Specialists, provide clear performance targets, conduct performance reviews and develop clear career and personal development for team members
- Partner with Senior Management to ensure KPI's are in line with business requirements, monitor metrics reporting, highlight concerns, propose resolution and track progress and provide responses on areas identified by Audit and Regulator reviews in line with requirements stipulated by the Controls Team
- Identify and implement process improvements and provide Subject Matter Expert support on key process and technology initiatives
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Relevant experience in the financial sector
- Previous work experience in any of the following areas or similar: KYC / AML / Compliance / Audit / Regulation / Risk & Controls and knowledge of Retail Products / Client Types
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively building and maintain relationships across the firm.
- Experience in pipeline management with ability to prioritize work, create plans, and manage book of work to meet deadlines
- Leadership experience including performance management and coaching
- Excellent analytical and research skills, detail oriented with a quality-focused approach and a strong controls mind-set with the ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to reach a successful resolution to applicable parties
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and operate in a changeable environment, being proactive and accountable