Asset Management - Global Transportation Group - Investor Support - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the world’s third-largest alternatives manager, with a 40-year history of delivering innovative alternative solutions across market cycles. Our alternative investment engines are managed by highly specialized independent teams, backed by the global reach, vast resources and robust governance of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Our alternative strategies are designed to achieve specific client outcomes and built to deliver uncorrelated returns to traditional asset classes. Customized alternative portfolios can be tailored to individual client needs. We offer strategies across the alternative investment spectrum, including real estate, private equity and credit, infrastructure, transportation, liquid alternatives and hedge funds.
You will be responsible for supporting the client relations, strategy and portfolio management efforts of our Global Transportation investment platform. Furthermore, support the business’ investment strategies and work closely with the investment specialist and portfolio management teams, all relating to the management and marketing of all our fund related activities.
- Analyse client and market data to identify appropriate marketing strategy and execution plan.
- Maintain strong knowledge of industry and asset class trends and gather market intelligence to inform fundraising initiatives.
- Create and keep current all marketing collateral including marketing pitch book, product profiles and teasers, ad hoc materials, etc.
- Support written and verbal fund and market updates to prospects and clients; Direct client and interpersonal skills required.
- Extensive marketing support, including data room analysis, fund investor portal upkeep, compliance and internal systems reviews.
- Ability to synthesize and leverage large data sets in Excel to create custom and ad hoc analyses.
- Lead the development and liaise with internal RFP team and investment team in the production and completion of requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), due diligence questionnaires (DDQ), quarterly/monthly client/consultant questionnaires and ad hoc requests.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in business, marketing or related business field.
- Experience with financial product analysis, marketing or client services.
- Foundational understanding of finance, including the ability to analyze financial statements, conduct industry and market research, and comprehend financial markets and investment industry trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail as well as an interest in transportation investments (maritime, energy logistics, aviation, railcar, container leasing, vehicle fleets, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small team but larger office environment.
- A sense of humility, intellectual curiosity, and a motivation to continually strive for professional improvement.
- Previous experience working with open-end funds is a plus.
- Knowledge of and interest in the global transportation sector is a plus.