Credit Risk - Hedge Fund and Asset Managers - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the centre of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
We are looking for an Associate in London to join the Hedge Fund and Asset Managers team as part of the EMEA Wholesale Credit Risk Organization.
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- In this role you will be responsible for credit risk coverage of a portfolio of fund clients, including hedge funds, private equity, LDI, real money and pension funds. You will be responsible for ongoing credit risk portfolio management including monitoring of counterparty exposure, market events, regulatory developments and client performance
- Working alongside an Analyst and a Vice President you will act as the primary point of contact for other lines of business relating to your portfolio of clients and deal with a wide range of activities including Derivatives trading and clearing, Prime Brokerage, Securities Financing, Secured and Unsecured Loans.
- You will be responsible for leading discussion and communication with colleagues and client contacts, building effective relationships internally and externally with appropriate support and escalation.
- You will lead due diligence and credit analysis to assess the credit worthiness of counterparties and make recommendations to senior Credit Officers having undertaken appropriate risk analysis and provided input on negotiation of legal documentation.
- You will have a commitment to development of self and the broader team, including coaching and overseeing Analysts day-to-day and how to think holistically about risk.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- High level of intellectual curiosity and an understanding of credit risk developed through mandatory previous experience in a comparable environment, ideally in a Credit Risk or Financial Analysis role.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while also being able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to establish credibility and trust with clients and internal stakeholders.
- An understanding of the theory behind risk and return metrics (Monte Carlo based metrics, VaR, Greeks, stress metrics), including critical assessment of shortcomings / strengths of various measures / methods.
- Experience in Hedge Fund / Asset Manager risk analysis beneficial.