Lead Software Engineer DevOps
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Sector, Resiliency Technology space, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 5+ years of applied experience
- Proficiency as Dev Ops Engineer, experience in managing web applications
- Proficient in maintaining infrastructure including standing up brand new, upgrading, patching etc. meeting the application goals in terms of Availability, Performance and Cost effectiveness
- Practical experience in implementing application health monitoring tools to identify potential critical points, Synthetic checks.
- Experience in designing proactive monitoring of application and infrastructure health.
- Good knowledge of industry standard Source Version Control tools, preferable Git.
- Hands on experience in creating Terraform scripts, Groovy, Python scripts.
- Hands on experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines and application deployments.
- Hands on experience in creating and maintaining Cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry or any other industry standard Cloud platforms.
- Good knowledge in troubleshooting techniques
- Certification in Dev Ops in Cloud technology preferred.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Understanding of software skills such as development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Ability to work independently in a self-driven manner, capable of self-learning new technologies.