International Private Bank, Wealth Advisor, London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the UK market of J.P Morgan’s EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are collaborative, confident and motivated to provide a first-class experience to clients. If you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and are looking to constantly challenge yourself, J.P. Morgan is the place for you. You will be working alongside a team of talented colleagues from other markets, businesses and functions to provide you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
The Wealth Advisor is part of our team of specialists who help our clients plan for how to hold, protect and transfer their wealth based on their own and their family’s goals. Whilst JP Morgan does not provide tax or legal advice, the Wealth Advisor’s role can include providing information and guidance to clients regarding their tax and estate planning needs to ensure they understand the options available to them. Wealth Advisors are also instrumental in helping clients develop their family governance strategies by sharing knowledge, case studies and facilitating family meetings.
The successful candidate will act as the primary resource for clients with complex long term needs. Specifically around how to hold, structure and transfer their wealth, including developing family strategies for wealth and family business, family wealth and estate transition, preparing for business liquidity events, considerations in establishing a family office as well as recognising tax compliant sensitivities in the investment of their assets.
The candidate would also need to demonstrate a strong aptitude in identifying and sharing options to meet the planning, family governance and family office needs of clients, managing tax risk and in helping to identify where clients may be involved in tax evasion or abusive tax arrangements and work with the risk and compliance teams to ensure the issues are addressed appropriately.
- Assist UK based clients to develop their family wealth, business and governance strategies.
- Identify and deliver appropriate solutions that address the needs of clients/customers/stakeholders.
- Build and maintain client relationships with onshore and offshore private clients.
- Develop ideas to help win new business from entrepreneurs planning for liquidity events.
- Assistance on generational planning for tax efficient wealth transfer by providing guidance on trust and estate structures.
- Work in close partnership with clients’ tax and legal counsel, accountants and trust companies and assist clients in finding appropriate advisors where required.
- Provide information on effective structures to accommodate complex needs of large families with wealth spread across asset classes and currencies.
- Recommend tailor-made solutions to meet client requirements across generations and jurisdictions.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills
- Proven track record in working with UHNW UK clients and helping them and their families plan for the future of their wealth.
- An excellent understanding of the UK tax regime, particularly as it relates to UK domestic considerations.
- Commercial mind set with significant previous experience working to clearly defined metrics.
- Recognised thought leader / expert in the fields of wealth planning and protection and / or family governance and family office strategies.
- Experience as an Estate & Tax planning adviser with a leading law firm, accounting practice, Trust Company, or Financial Institution and relevant professional qualifications will be an advantage such as a full STEP qualification or Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA).
- Proven ability to think strategically in a global framework to setup your business area for success.
- Strong relationship orientation and a self-starter with business development skills.
- Accomplished client management skills with requisite gravitas to quickly earn client trust and win confidence.
- Proven ability to produce external articles or internal white papers on a variety of topics (Family Governance, Philanthropy, etc).