Java Lead Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Java Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology Digital Data Services Team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and advanced applied experience
- Advanced understanding and experience of Java development, J2EE programming and Spring Framework
- Demonstrated experience of relational databases, namely Oracle
- Understanding and experience using MongoDB and Elastic Search.
- Knowledge of front end programming using Angular or React.
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Application Resiliency, and Security
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and their IT systems