Java Software Engineer II
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Java Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology Digital Data Services Team, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Gathers, analyses, and draws conclusions from large, diverse data sets to identify problems and contribute to decision-making in service of secure, stable application development
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and expanding applied experience
- Demonstrated ability to code in Java, with J2EE programming and Spring Framework
- Understanding of relational databases, namely Oracle
- Understanding of MongoDB and Elastic Search.
- Knowledge of front end programming using Angular or React.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Application Resiliency, and Security
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Knowledge of SQL