Senior Events Management Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As an Associate Event Planner in JP Morgan you will create and execute event activities from concept through execution and evaluate return on investment. You will also support the event strategy for the markets bringing creative ideas, suggested venues and proposed content to the market with thought to strategic execution.
Your role demands interaction with colleagues on the global events team, bankers and product partners, and senior management so that we can ensure a consistent and distinctive experience for clients which underscore our business strategies. Your team’s goals are to help markets increase client business/deepen existing relationships, create and drive efficiencies for all internal partners and maintain the J.P. Morgan brand standard at all events.
Your future position demands strong communication skills, accuracy and travel in the region with occasional opportunity outside the region. Data management is an equal part of overall responsibilities.
The role is located in London reporting directly to the Head of EMEA Private Bank Events.
- Understand business objectives and help develop an event strategy that supports business goals
- Manage high-touch events consistent with J.P. Morgan Private Bank brand standards
- Partner with other lines of business, in order to leverage cross-sell event opportunities
- Influence stakeholders in order to keep projects on track and in line with regional strategy
- Negotiate with event venues and vendors to maximize budget allocations
- Think strategically and problem solve offering creative solutions
- Participate in frequent events team and business meetings, providing updates as needed
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Relevant prior experience in event management related activities
- Exemplary oral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Solid project management experience
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Availability to work extra hours (when needed) and travel internationally on a regular basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SharePoint sites
- Willingness to learn, adapt and have a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Skilled at handling challenging stakeholders and able to liaise with senior management
- Strong presentation skills
- Familiar with key EMEA cities, venues / vendors, as well as cultural nuances
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Prior experience in financial services
- Language skills (particularly French, Spanish, German, Italian)