Principal Architect, Technology Chief Data Office
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Step into the role of a Principal Architect at JPMorgan Chase and become a driving force behind the development and adoption of cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies.
As a Principal Architect at JPMorgan Chase within the Technology Chief Data Office you provide expertise to enhance and develop architecture platforms based on modern cloud-based technologies, as well as support the adoption of strategic global solutions. Leverage your advanced architecture capabilities and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive best-in-class outcomes.
- Support the Technology Chief Data Office (CDO) in creating value through data exploitation and ensuring technology data is valid, reliable, traceable, timely, available, secure and consistent.
- Advises cross-functional teams on technology selection to achieve target state architecture and decisions on improvements to current technologies
- Develops multi-year roadmaps aligned with business and architecture strategy and priorities
- Serves as the function’s go-to subject matter expert
- Contributes to the development of technical methods in specialized fields in line with the latest product development methodologies
- Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Contributes to Data Governance and Performance communities and/or Centres of Excellence
- Builds partnerships with Enterprise Technology data application teams to define and build out the Technology CDO reference data architecture, co-ordinating across the firm
- Works with Domain owner, Process (Modeller) Architects, and Application Developers to build, update, and solution the data model throughout the production development lifecycle
- Takes ownership of the logical and physical data models which support the Technology CDO domain, including the strategy around the best data model and how updates and changes can best be incorporated
- Establishes relationships with key stakeholders across the Technology landscape to facilitate collaboration regarding Data Models
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts or applied experience in in one or more software, applications, and architecture
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture, application development, and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience applying expertise and new methods to determine solutions for complex architecture problems in one or more technical disciplines
- Ability to present and effectively communicate to Senior Leaders and Executives
- Expert communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, and senior IT and Business management
- Understanding of the business
- Demonstrates advanced research and analytical skills
- Business Architecture experience (e.g. process and service modelling, value-stream analysis, stakeholder mapping, requirements management)
- Information Architecture experience (e.g. data modelling, information flow analysis)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements as they pertain to data and architecture (e.g. FFIEC)
- Hands on exposure to metadata process & technology as well as a background in data management and data quality
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.