Securities Services - Global Custody Product: Proxy Voting Lead – Vice President (London, Bournemouth or Dublin)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a Top 2 Global Custodian, with over $25 trillion of Assets under Custody providing safekeeping and asset servicing solutions to Asset Managers, Asser Owners, Banks and Alternative Funds in 98 markets.
The Global Custody Product Management function is global, with regional management across EMEA, Americas and APAC and is responsible for the end-to-end ownership of business delivery, product strategy, P&L and governance of the Custody business.
This role is in the Global Custody Core Product Management team whereby we are seeking a change focused professional with proven experience within Securities Services. The successful candidate will be working within Asset Servicing Product, with the core focus on establishing and delivering Global Custody’s proxy voting product strategy. Additionally the candidate will have the opportunity to lead on product deliverables across other Asset Servicing sub-products (Corporate Actions & Income).
They will assist with Asset Servicing industry engagement and oversee vendor relationships. The role will entail close collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure common alignment with the business strategy and fostering partnerships with clients, market utilities and industry groups.
- Help define and drive execution of an integrated product roadmap, platform and target operating model for proxy voting and asset servicing partnering with product development, operations & technology partners
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline operating models across the business to reduce cost to serve, enhance efficiency and reduce risk.
- Assist with industry discussions with regulators, clients, agents and industry associations to support the overall asset servicing product strategy
- Drive new standards to reduce risk, digitize processes, eliminate reliance on paper and enhance investor transparency.
- Partner with vendors on product roadmap and new opportunities, manage vendor relationships and vendor governance
- Own the proxy voting risk profile, decision making for risk events.
- Design and deliver value adding solutions for Clients.
- Client engagement with key franchise names.
- Understand the cost base of the product and define the commercial strategy
- Represent J.P. Morgan at industry forums.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Strategic thinker, results oriented and innovation mind-set.
- Deep operational expertise – strong understanding of custody proxy voting event lifecycles, infrastructure, vendors and risks elements
- Proven execution skills with the ability to establish / utilise existing productive relationships with vendors and industry partners. Active participation / influence on industry forums (e.g. SIFMA, AFME, AGC) a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of technology for proxy voting. Enterprise data management, data integration, APIs, Cloud, analytics and AI a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a large, global, matrixed organization – able to cultivate strong cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present, influence and partner with senior stakeholders across the organisation.