Quality Control Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you enthusiastic about quality control and are motivated by tight deadlines? Join our Lending Services team as a Quality Control Specialist and utilise your skills!
As a Lending Services Quality Control Specialist you will join the Traditional Credit Products Middle Office team, which is a multi-faceted and deadline driven team, you will be exposed to certain activities of an operational nature in relation to the loan product, including syndicated and bilateral credit facilities. You will join us as a Quality Control specialist, part of the Quality & Portfolio Integrity Team within TCP MO. You will carry out all quality checks for deal and fee transactions completed within the wider TCP MO group, assessing and managing operational risk for all the team’s controls including coordination of month-end critical processing, and preparing team KPIs/metric reports throughout the month.
You will partner with various internal and external parties including, but not limited to, Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Credit Risk, Loan and Agency, Product Control & Finance, and Audit. You will also have interactions with counterparts internationally on processes and cross-border transactions.
- Completes comprehensive quality control (QC) reviews directly against Loan Documentation for syndicated and bilateral deals, and associated facilities, both as set up on the Loan IQ platform and in credit risk proposals in the iCRD system
- Completes comprehensive QC reviews of fees booked in the Loan IQ platform
- Assists with the ongoing development of the QC approach and framework within the TCP MO team
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to both team members and key partners for Loan IQ and iCRD QC checks
- Monitors daily, weekly, monthly QC production-based metrics to identify trends
- Assists the team manager in the creation of tailored development and training plans, including development of training materials and procedures for QC scoring
- Contributes to strategic quality initiatives such as the ACESX migration
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- In-depth technical operations knowledge of the loan product / syndicated loan business essential, including an understanding of a credit agreement, loan funding mechanics, deal and fee structures
- Ability to prioritise tasks appropriately, whilst operating within a fast-changing and high-pressured environment
- Attention to detail; understanding of the risks and downstream impacts of inaccurate data capture
- High degree of numeracy and aptitude for analytical examination of problems; attention to detail being paramount
- Excellent interpersonal skills; interact professionally and confidently with senior deal team members within the Front Office globally
- Communication skills – ability to communicate professionally and accurately in written and oral form, and summarise issues succinctly and set out well thought-out solutions
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in loan operations/transaction management
- Prior experience and knowledge of GL accounting, payment processing and cash reconciliation
- Loan IQ system application knowledge