Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
A career with us is a journey, not a destination. This could be the next best step in your technical career. Join us.
As a Lead Architect at JPMorgan Chase within Global Shares,Assest and Wealth Management, you are an integral part of a team that works to develop high-quality architecture solutions for various software applications on modern cloud-based technologies. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical architecture solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of project goals.
- Engages technical teams and business stakeholders to discuss and propose technical approaches to meet current and future needs
- Defines the technical target state of their product and drives achievement of the strategy
- Evaluates recommendations and provides feedback on new technologies
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with the ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in as C# and/or Java
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS
- Advanced knowledge of one or more software, applications, and architecture disciplines
- Ability to evaluate current and emerging technologies to recommend the best solutions for the future state architecture
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands on experience with a public cloud provider (Azure, AWS or GCP)