Global Credit Trading & Syndicate - Portfolio Trader - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are one of the world’s largest trading firms, renowned globally for our breadth of services and unparalleled expertise. We make markets in virtually all major asset classes while engineering complex financial solutions to manage risk, enhance yield and solve clients’ complex financial problems. Globally, we hold leadership positions across the equity and fixed income product spectrum with hubs in three global regions: the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. We are also a leading innovator in the derivative market, structuring derivatives to manage risk, enhance yield and solve clients’ complex financial problems. Markets on the rise include futures & options, as well as commodities.
As a Vice President on the Portfolio trading desk, you will take part in providing pricing and liquidity to the firm’s internal and external clients on portfolios of bonds in tight cooperate with sector trades, and the sales force. You will be providing market color and commentary and consult with clients on bespoke needs or enquiries. The job will require you to engage directly with clients, provide market color and interact with systematic trading. Technical expertise preferred to help with the development of tactical tools and analytics in partnership with technology, quantitative research and systematic market making.
- Structuring, Optimizing and Market making broad range of instruments
- Interacting with the global sales forces and client base to provide pricing and trade ideas where required to clients
- Interacting with publishing research analysts and desk analysts
- Providing real time analysis of relevant news flow, both macro and micro
- Develop use of Algorithmic pricing/Systematic market making tools
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Solid experience in a Credit Trading role or similar
- In-depth knowledge of Investment Grade and High Yield credit and impact of e-trading
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Technical expertise
- Experience analyzing risk a plus
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.