Securities Services Resiliency Manager - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is unique opportunity for detail orientated, execution focused professional to take this newly created position reporting into the Global Head of Securities Services Resiliency.
As a Securities Services Resiliency Manager in Security Services, following the issuance of new regulation on operational resiliency, you will play a key function to ensure that the business can withstand and recover from disruptions minimizing the impact to customers, the Firm, and the Market. You will entail close collaboration and partnership across Operations, Product, Technology, and the CIB Resiliency Team to adhere to enhanced firmwide resiliency standards in line with regulation.
- Manages the coordination of the Business response across Operations, Client Service, Product for Major Incidents (Incident Management)
- Represents Securities Services operations during major incidents within other Lines of Business which may have cross impacts to Securities Services (Cross Line of Business engagement)
- Ensures communication and handover to equivalent Americas and APAC regional leads for incidents which extend beyond EMEA Close of Day.
- Implements framework to ensure monitoring of incidents which may rise to crisis level, with timely escalation to business heads, CIB Resiliency, and regional Crisis Management Team heads where appropriate (Crisis Management)
- Partners with Technology and Operations to ensure After Action Reviews are competed, with remediation actions tracked to conclusion
- Delivers monthly MIS to monitor volume, impacts and themes of disruptions across technology, vendors, sub-custodians and FMIs
- Works with Essential Service Managers and resiliency plan managers to document playbooks and coordinate simulation testing across multiple disruption scenarios
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Sound understanding of the Securities Services business and the regulatory environment
- Experience of working within an incident management framework, with proven expertise of managing multiple stakeholder groups to resolve significant issues
- Analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver succinct and accurate messaging to senior stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven stakeholder management skills required to work cross-organizationally to influence others, drive results and implement change
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Working knowledge of Technology systems which support Securities Services
- Understanding of client segments and behaviours
- Understanding of Custody market infrastructure, including agent banks and FMIs