Investment Banking – UK Diversified Industries – Associate – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly motivated to work in a dynamic team and to contribute to our Investment Banking business.
JP Morgan’s UK Diversified Industries business has a leading position in the sector in terms of number of clients, transaction activity and revenue market share and is looking for an Associate to join the team.
The team covers a large share of the UK listed corporate client base as well as a vast array of private / sponsor-held assets. Companies covered include a mix of capital goods, business/support services, automotive, aerospace & defence, building products, chemicals, infrastructure and transport companies.
We provide clients with advice in relation to domestic and cross border acquisitions, mergers and disposals as well as advice and the execution of equity issuances and capital structure and more broadly around corporate strategy. This advice is in specific cases provided alongside a corporate broking role which involves extensive interaction with our equity research and equity sales teams as well as the CEO and CFO of the client.
As an Associate in the Investment Banking UK Diversified Industries team, you will play a vital role in maintaining a strategic dialogue with key clients and executing M&A and capital market transactions, with direct engagement with C-suite management and Boards. You will also have the opportunity to work with colleagues from other countries and product teams (M&A, ECM, DCM etc.). You will spend time advising our existing client base, marketing to potential clients (both public and private) and executing transactions for our clients (including M&A, equity capital markets and debt capital markets mandates).
- Develop content for strategic meetings with clients regarding M&A or capital market transactions
- Interact with senior team members and client management teams on a daily basis to execute transactions and discuss strategic alternatives
- Define, guide and review detailed valuation analysis, including DCFs and LBOs, trading comparables and transaction comparables
- Define, guide and review detailed combination and other financial analyses in the context of M&A transactions
- Maintain regular dialogue with clients and potential clients
- Structure and execution of transactions (M&A / equity capital markets / debt capital markets)
- Liaise with J.P. Morgan product teams and global sector teams
- Liaise with UK equities and research departments
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Proficient financial modelling / valuation / analytical / numeracy skills
- Ability to react well to pressure whilst multitasking on numerous projects
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- High level of attention to detail, proactivity and time management
- Comfort in and commitment to an inclusive teamwork environment
- Ability to comfortably interact with people in a professional and mature manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.