Associate Director Product Marketing | Portfolio
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and passionate Associate Director of Product Marketing (ADPM) to help take King’s games to the next level. Reporting to the Marketing Director Portfolio games, this role is critical in building and maintaining a strong value proposition for three different IPs: Farm Heroes Saga, Pet Rescue Saga, and Bubble Witch 3.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on marketing executive with strong product and consumer marketing experience and the ability to utilise both their right and left brain.
They will bring a track record of creative problem solving, leading strategic marketing initiatives as well as of informing the game teams on product development based on analytics data, current player behaviors, market opportunities and consumer insights.
They will have excellent relationship building and influencing skills, experience working with development teams and a player centric attitude.
Your role within our Kingdom
The ADPM will work alongside a talented, multi-faceted group of marketers whose responsibility it is to partner with the different game teams to drive commercial success.
- You will build relationships and facilitate the communication between the Game teams and the wider marketing team including, Brand, Comms, Analytics, Social and Insights.
- You will own the product value proposition to a) Attract new players and b) both surprise and delight current players by helping develop new features as well as improve existing ones, based on validated insights and market opportunities.
- You will continuously strive to understand and champion our audience – identifying and closing any knowledge gaps and working alongside the senior members of the game team as their marketing lead, being able to support them with impactful, actionable marketing insights at every step.
- You will work closely with the business analytics team to identify opportunities to optimise current player behaviours to drive agreed KPI’s and track the impact of new product features and content on commercial metrics.
- You will own and manage the internal communication of the combined product and marketing roadmap.
- You will lead the creation of marketing materials related to new product features and game updates including but not limited to key messages, feature descriptions, supporting art assets etc. and be responsible for briefing and collaborating with the wider King marketing team to promote the Portfolio games on selected channels (App Store, ASO, Social, PM).
- You will understand the current competitive situation, keeping abreast of competitor product innovation, feature development and content trends and recommend changes and additions to the game to stay competitive.
- You will closely manage post-launch feature reviews and ensure that the products maintain a growth trajectory and continuously deliver strong value propositions.
- Excellent creative skills that will facilitate the differentiation of the product; must be decisive, iterative and agile.
- Multitasking - Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment; be proactive and disciplined in following through with set priorities and programs.
- Possess a consumer-centric approach to marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of in-game analytics and reporting, and able to demonstrate strengths in data interpretation and data-based decision making.
- Great interpersonal skills – Comfortable building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including producers, game designers and art directors.
- Strong leadership and project management skills – ability to lead cross functional projects and coordinate different types of craft leads to deliver results.
- Driven by a growth mindset, natural curiosity, and an innate need for constant improvement.
- Detail-oriented and hands-on - a willingness to get stuck in wherever needed.
- Experience of working in a matrix environment: you build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience in roles and/or projects impacting/driving product development
Fluent in business English (written and spoken) essential
A passion for entertainment - specifically mobile games
A personal interest in, and high awareness of the latest pop culture events and news
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com