Senior FP&A Manager - Contract
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is a contract role and falls inside IR35.
Kingster’s in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
Your role within our Kingdom
This is a really exciting time for King Finance - in this high-profile role you will draw on your previous Group FP&A experience to join as a valuable member of the Group consolidation team in supporting the financial planning and analysis of the group, working closely with the business and other finance team members to help us drive decision making across the company. We are looking for a Senior FP&A Manager – Group Consolidation to join and help us drive planning decisions across finance and the business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Facilitate the coordination and execution the Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Forecasts, and other planning activities
- Assist in Project Managing the financial planning cycles to ensure all teams and stakeholders are in step and deadlines are effectively managed
- Provide updates on landing positions throughout the quarter, and demonstrate a clear understanding of both revenue and cost drivers
- Prepare and storyboard insightful presentations for Internal Leadership and AB Executives
- Interpret our financial and non-financial critical metrics and share insights for the business to grow & succeed in line with our strategic outlook
- Review results and inputs for accuracy and reasonableness, feeding back adjustments and ensuring consistency across all areas
- Establish credibility within the team by being a true business partner to our internal finance stakeholders and corporate partners, fostering a culture of integrity and providing supportive challenge and gain a good insight into risks and opportunities across the business
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities for systematic and process improvements and efficiencies
- Provide routine and ad hoc reporting to finance and business leaders in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and provides analysis & insight
- Share information concisely in Powerpoint using visuals/graphics appropriate to the audience
- Build Robust, effective and efficient financial models to drive decision making
Skills to create thrills
- ACA qualified or international equivalent
- Finance related degree education or equivalent experience
- Advanced excel skill and experience and initiative in building robust financial models
- Comfortable working with big data sets and translate results into meaningful analysis and incorporate into forecasts
- Hyperion systems experience or similar large enterprise software
- Commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers
- Business partnering experience, plus ability to deliver and handle change in a fast-paced tech company would be beneficial.
- Ability to maintain quality work and meet deadlines
- Proven track record in timely turnaround on frequent and regular forecasting and budgeting
- Experience in presenting commercial and financial metrics to non-finance teams and key stakeholders
- Fluent written and spoken English skills required
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com