Brand Communications Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
12- month FTC
The Associate Director of King’s Brand Communications and PR is responsible for creating and executing the consumer communications strategy for King’s industry leading games, with a particular focus on the Candy Crush Franchise. Reporting to the Senior Director, Culture and Conversation, this key lead in the marketing team will work hand in hand with the Brand Partnerships and Social functions, as well as the wider business. Role leads Communications Manager and Executive, and US and UK agency.
External Communications (40%)
Drive external consumer communications for King
Develop and maintain our brand narrative to dovetail with marketing functions
Development of the objectives, measurement and strategy for a consumer communications programme to support our game’s goals in the UK and US
Support development of key spokespeople across the business for media and speaking opportunities
Day to day management of agency run press office
Management and development of direct reports
Overseeing creation of larger coordinated comms fist campaigns
Represent Consumer Communications within the business.
Support proactive and reactive management of issues and crisis, in partnership with corporate communications team
Liaison with key internal stakeholders to build a robust calendar of relevant activity (e.g. launches, innovations, key milestones)
The successful candidate is highly entrepreneurial, hands-on and comfortable driving thoughtful and innovative communications approaches. They have the confirmed ability to partner with senior leaders and cross-functional leads to deliver on committed business targets and to positively influence the operating results at current and previous companies. A strategic mindset and exceptional writing skills are a must, as well as strong team and agency management experience. An understanding of the wider marketing mix is desirable.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience of progressive leadership roles with in-house or agency communications positions in growth environments with an emphasis on product and popular culture. Preferred industries include consumer technology, media and entertainment.
- Personal presence, gravitas, excellent interpersonal skills, and the cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse, international team.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of leading the creation of consumer communications 360-degree strategies and campaigns.
- Ability to project lead including agencies, creators and a budget.
- A calm and unflappable demeanour; tech savvy nature, egoless confidence, and an inspirational and open style.
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; unbridled curiosity, passion, and strong critical thinking skills.
- Business orientation and mindset; excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative in a fast-moving environment; proactive, roll-up-one’s sleeves attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated open and collaborative style; comfort in a matrixed organization navigating ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work concurrently on and effectively prioritise a variety of projects, and to work under deadlines while having a good sense of humour.
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com