Senior Salesforce Developer - Please note this role can only be based in Bournemouth or Croydon
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
In the role of Salesforce Senior Developer, you will join a dynamic and high performing team, contributing to a number of projects for LV=GI. You will respond to user requirements, designing and building technical solutions and support systems using the full development life cycle within agile methodologies.
At LV=GI we always put the customer first, and our IT department are no exception – focusing on a range of internal customers and stakeholders, you will focus on their priorities and needs and create reliable and effective IT solutions accordingly.
Working closely with others, you will be guided by corporate IT Strategy to ensure continuous improvement, quality assurance and system documentation are delivered accordingly. You will be subject to, and deliver, peer/management review of outputs. Your expertise in Salesforce and other tools, will benefit team members through informal guidance and demonstrating good practice.
Your expertise as a Senior Developer within the Salesforce space, backed up by previous development experience working within a SAFe Agile delivery methodology will ensure you become a valuable member of our team. You will be experienced working with others, and able to support your colleagues across the end to end delivery lifecycle.
- You will have significant Salesforce experience with material exposure in all of the following areas:
- Extensive experience working on Salesforce platforms (Financial Services Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud)
- Typically, degree educated and holding a minimum of Salesforce certification at a developer level.
- Expert experience implementing and developing in Apex, LWC, Visualforce and Visual Studio
- Experience in implementing different components of an API stack.
- Good knowledge of Salesforce deployment methods including GIT & Change Sets.
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices.
- Ability to be flexible in leading and managing development in more than 1 discipline and technology set.
- Good track record of industry standard development and leading delivery of technical projects and delivering complex enterprise wide software solutions
- Able to translate Agile Epic and Feature requirements into technical and functional specifications and design solutions whilst understanding how these requirements impact on other areas, alongside an ability to effectively communicate any implications to non-technical customers.
- Demonstrating experience in the systems development lifecycle is mandatory.
- Able to set technical and functional direction and generate technical and functional specifications that meet company standards.
- An Innovative and motivated individual who can work on his own direction with a high level of autonomy.
- Able to report own progress to their line manager/team lead/project manager.
- Able to self-plan work and organise work for others.
- Proven ability to be flexible and hardworking, both independently and as part of a team in technical and digital environments with changing priorities, whilst retaining an eye for detail.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Produce system specifications (functional and technical) from business requirements.
- Provide innovative solutions and designs to complex requirements or problems.
- Support and contribute to delivery of accurate project estimates regardless of size and complexity.
- Develop reliable quality code aligned with best practice guidelines and be able to make complex changes with due consideration to future development and maintenance requirements.
- Lead, plan and execute complex unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results.
- Advocate and supporter of company standards, quality assurance processes and system documentation. Provide technical guidance, supervision and coaching to the team.
- Contribute to the development of new standards, methods and strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on technology trends within the financial services sector and contribute to IT strategy going forward
- Continuously develop in depth knowledge of one or more development environments including associated tools.
- Support project implementation, which may include checking results and problem resolution.
- Progress problem resolution where precedent may not exist, including those outside area of expertise through to successful implementation of solution.
- To effectively communicate progress of project work and/or problems to supervisor and non- technical stakeholders.
- Provide third-line support for IT systems, which may include out of hours standby
Why work for us?
These are incredibly exciting times here at LV= General Insurance (GI). We are now the largest personal lines insurers in the UK and part of Allianz, a world-leading financial services company. This means things are changing - quickly - and for the better.
We have ambitious plans that will bring opportunities for all of our people. In addition, we are changing gear, working with a new energy that will see us transform our company, industry and beyond.
We have a vision to become Britain's Best loved, and a strange sense of purpose to help our customers look after what they love. We are passionate and proud about what we do. We will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
Rewards and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions