Diversity & Inclusion Consultant - 12 month Fixed term contract
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Not Specified
LV=GI have an opportunity for a Diversity & Inclusion Consultant to join the Culture & CSR Team on a 12-month secondment /fixed term contract with review.
The role will be working 35hrs a week but for the right applicant we can also consider a flexible working pattern to be discussed in interview, You will need to attend the office a minimum of 2 days a week with flexibility on the remaining 3 days. The role can be located at Birmingham, Bristol, Bournemouth, Leeds, Ipswich, Huddersfield, Croydon and Brentwood office.
You will collaborate with sponsors, senior leaders and other stakeholders to develop, implement and embed a diverse and inclusive culture within LV=GI.
Flexibility will be required for travel to the Guilford or London offices on a monthly basis as and when required.
As a Diversity & Inclusion Consultant you will be personally motivated and driven with a genuine passion for Diversity and Inclusion. You will have an excellent knowledge and understanding of D&I best practices and experience of applying practical linkages to HR practices.
You will have experience of and successfully designed and implemented D&I projects and initiatives across a complex business and be able to demonstrable experience of successfully collaborating with and influencing stakeholders at all levels across the business.
You will be able to achieve results and desirable outcomes through engagement, matrix leadership and management of individuals and groups.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex or technical information in a simple way and when required the ability to influence, negotiate, persuade and coach others to deliver successful outcomes.
You will be a competent user of all Microsoft Office applications and have the ability to prioritise workload and work independently and to tight deadlines, on your own initiative and identify solutions in a busy environment.
Strategy and Delivery
- Collaborate with sponsors, senior leaders and other key stakeholders to develop and deliver initiatives aligned to the defined diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Lead multiple end-to-end diversity projects, working with internal departments, external partners and memberships.
- Manage diversity and inclusion initiatives, measuring outcomes and communicating impact, assessing gaps and developing plans to close these.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and support with the creation of People policies and guides.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to drive the attraction of diverse talent to the organisation.
Data and Insight
- Partner with the business and across the People Team to move the dial on diversity and inclusion metrics, determining performance indicators and tracking metrics to evaluate progress and effectiveness.
- Generate insight to inform decision making and enable effective reporting to meet legal and regulatory requirements and internal targets and goals..
Diversity & Inclusion Networks
- Chair D&I sponsors and leads monthly meetings
- Engage with Employee Networks and work with leads to evolve D&I activities based on Networks’ feedback.
- Support and enable employee network groups to drive inclusion across the business and improve employee experience.
Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
- Effectively communicate and influence all relevant parties, up to and including Executive Committee level, designing and delivering presentations, proposals and reports as required.
- Responsibility, with support of internal comms, for driving communication and recognition across the D&I agenda into all levels across the business.
- Create and manage annual diversity calendar including delivery of high impact events to celebrate diversity and inclusion and raise awareness on topics.
- Contribute to the design of L&D training programmes to ensure that they develop inclusive behaviours for everyone.
Achieving Standards and Continuous Improvement
- Manage external charter commitments, relationships and annual reporting e.g. Women in Finance Charter, Gender Pay Gap, Race at Work Charter
- Act as the subject matter expert, the go to person for support and guidance on Diversity & Inclusion matters, engaging, advising and influencing stakeholders to build capability to deliver the strategy.
- Keep up-to-date with market trends, regulatory changes/reporting and provide latest thinking in the area of Diversity & Inclusion; taking initiative to enhance and develop the D&I experience
- Support submissions for external benchmarks and awards e.g. Stonewall equality index, Working families index, Top 50 Employers.
Rewards and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions.