Insurance Administrator – Online / Email Customer Service
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Not Specified
We’re looking for someone with exceptional communication skills ideally with experience in the insurance sector to join our team.
This role involves supporting our customers service needs online. You’ll be doing this mainly by email, interacting with our customers to understand their needs, provide support where they’re finding things difficult, and play an active role in shaping how we can improve our product.
Insurance Administrator – Online / Email Customer Service
Huddersfield (HD1) with hybrid working available (2 days per week in the Huddersfield office and 3 days working from home)
Key Skills Required: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, tech-orientated, customer service experience ideally gained from within the insurance sector
Hybrid Work Model
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
You will be required in the office a minimum of 2 days a week with the flexibility to work from home the remaining days.
We're open for our customers from 8am-8pm weekdays and 9am-5pm Saturdays and 10am-4pm Sundays.
What will you be doing?
This is for our new Flow insurance product, that is focused on servicing the ever-changing needs of customers and doing things differently to keep up with changes in the insurance industry. Flow is an online, digital first, self-serve product, with the aim of enabling our customers to have more control over their policy, and how their insurance product looks. We are looking for enthusiastic, tech-orientated, customer focused staff that will embody our company values and purpose with every customer interaction, and want to influence the future of Flow.
We need you to be enthusiastic, and able to provide as good a customer service by email as on the phone or face to face. You’ll need to be adaptable, resilient and want to be challenged – as you’ll be dealing with a variety of different things as part of your day to day, from complex policy queries to social media complaints and technical online barriers our customers are facing.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience working within the insurance sector
- Customer service experience or in using online customer communication channels
- Work under own autonomy within a team environment, with high levels of motivation
- Highly computer literate and have an interest in technology
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Being driven to contribute towards change and improvements
- Aptitude to learn and retain products, regulatory and procedural information
- Commitment to learning and self-development
- Enjoys working to challenging targets within a team and juggling multiple priorities.
- This is a fast paced role in a multi-channel and multi product environment where you will deal with all levels of complexity from customer queries to complaints:
- Ensure delivery of timely and accurate response/resolution to our customers (internally & externally), taking ownership and collaborating with other areas to minimise handoff.
- Support the delivery of SLAs within an Omni Channel environment by encouraging customers to interact with LV= through a medium that best suit their lifestyle and technical ability.
- Working with appropriate guidelines/parameters make informed decisions to support commerciality as appropriate, ensuring the input of accurate and usable data to support.
- Achieve appropriate quality standards and through customer interactions deliver world class customer service and an informed customer journey
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve processes & services to enhance customer satisfaction and business efficiency, escalating as appropriate.
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge and clear understanding of insurance and our products, services and processes, applying this knowledge to the customer situation to deliver the most appropriate outcome whilst ensuring compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Demonstrate an awareness of both risk and fraudulent activities to identify any unusual customer behaviours and escalate them to the relevant departments
- To contribute to a culture of embracing challenging goals and being passionate about supplying the best service and products in a rapidly changing environment.
Why Work for Us?
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
About the Rewards
We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 24 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.
Key Words: Customer Service, Customer Support, Customer Relationship, Administration, Administrator, Email Communication, Written Communication, Email Enquiries, Online Support, Insurance, Financial Services