Senior Pricing Analyst
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Not Specified
About the Role
LV= is excited to be recruiting for a Senior Pricing Analyst into our Technical Excellence department. The successful candidate will play a key role in planning and delivering models and analysis that underpin the prices we take to market. This work will require a good understanding of both statistical modelling methods and more innovative machine learning techniques.
We are looking to expand our Technical Excellence department with a number of roles in the teams.
The R&D Pricing role offers a chance to develop and operationalise the customer lifetime value pricing models which are fundamental to our business, and to improve the pricing and products we offer to our customers by leveraging our extensive data repositories. The main responsibilities would be
- Assisting in planning and carrying out demand and behaviour model updates – continually looking to improve data and processes by using Python, SQL, SAS or similar coding languages
- Maintaining and improving our Radar price optimisation models, using Willis Towers Watson software such as Radar, Emblem or Optimiser
Home Technical Pricing & Motor Technical Pricing
The Motor & Home Technical Pricing roles offer the chance to develop and operationalise the risk cost models which are fundamental to our business. Our team’s goal is constant improvement through the introduction of new data, expanded feature engineering and refinements to the modelling approach. Your main responsibilities would be:
- Updating and improving the risk cost models and their components using a combination of industry-leading tools like Python and WTW’s Emblem software
- Maintaining the high standard of technical excellence within the Technical Pricing team and supporting the rest of the business to achieve their technical excellence goals, in line with Allianz Group best practice
LV= is a large, multi-award winning insurance company; we passionately believe that having outstanding technical pricing models will enable us to profitably meet our business targets, whilst simultaneously bringing immense benefits to our 7 million customers. The role offers a chance to develop and operationalise the Risk Premium and customer lifetime value pricing models which are fundamental to our business, and to improve the pricing and products we offer to our customers by leveraging our extensive data repositories.
The role will be based in either our Croydon, Bournemouth or Birmingham office on a Hybrid basis, with considerable opportunity to work from home up on a regular basis (working from the office 2 days per month is the minimum requirement for this role). We adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning and development. There will be a strong emphasis on understanding and improving the quality of our data sources – excellent models require excellent data. You will take an active role in our Technical Excellence team, as well as the wider Pricing department and you will have the opportunity to mentor junior members of the team and aid their development.
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but the following will enable you to hit the ground running:
- Solid knowledge of relevant statistical modelling methods – in particular GLMs
- Knowledge of relevant machine learning techniques – in particular GBMs
- Proven experience in working with large data sources
- Good command of Python, SQL, SAS or similar coding languages
- Experience of Willis Towers Watson software such as Radar or Emblem
- Good understanding of the various elements of a Technical Price, including business expenses, other costs and actuarial/inflation assumptions
- Good stakeholder management skills, including communication, expectation management and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout both the Pricing Department and the wider business
- In addition you will be quick to learn, with the ability to prioritise activities and work accurately to tight deadlines, always remaining responsive to the needs of the business
- Ideally you will hold a highly numerate degree, and have experience of applying your knowledge in a business environment. A background in personal lines insurance is helpful but not essential.
Your role will vary day to day, but here is a bit of what you can expect:
- Assist in planning and carrying out risk model updates – continually looking to improve data and processes
- Maintaining and improving our Radar price optimisation models
- Work with different teams and stakeholders to achieve an understanding of their needs, data requirements and expected modelling outcomes
- Get hands-on with data from its source right through to modelling and then implementation in rating
- Analyse data, interpret output and communicate results to a non-technical audience
- Build and test statistical models and machine learning algorithms
- Work with Data Enrichment team to obtain and use third-party and internally-generated data sources to enhance models
- Support the business in the deployment of its data solution
- Assist in coaching and developing other colleagues within the team to ensure constant up-skilling.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
About the Rewards
This role is a Senior Associate cluster in the LV= Structure. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. There is a minimum requirement to work 2 days per month in the office for this role.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days. Plus Bank Holidays.
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
- Sustainability Initiatives.
- Focus on wellbeing, MHFAs: From our company culture, to our ways of working, we put our people at the heart of everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is key to the successful delivery of our future strategy. Our Diversity and Inclusion programme challenges us to provide inclusive products for our customers and members and to ensure our workplace is accessible and inclusive for all. Our vision is to foster an inclusive culture and diverse workforce which values individual difference and where everybody can live confident, driving better customer and financial outcomes.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together