Principal Pricing Analyst - Portfolio Pricing
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
Who we are
We are not your average insurance company; in fact, we strive to be different. You will not find strict dress codes, jargon-filled documents, or unrealistic targets here. What you will find is a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers.
LV= GI is a large, multi-award-winning general insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
LV=GI have a new opportunity for a Principal Pricing Analyst within our Retail Portfolio Pricing Development team covering our offices in Croydon, Birmingham or Bournemouth.
We are looking to expand this department with a number of roles in the following teams:
You will join the fast-growing Partnerships area. Newly formed in 2021 the account has already grown to £100s millions. As a key contributor to the overall business, the ambition is to add more sales channels and to extend our reach within existing IFA, Banks and Building societies and Affiliate partners.
You will be a core pillar in maintaining good risk selection, help shape technical and customer prices, allowing for continued profitable account growth. You will take a leading role in enhancing our proposition range with new products and new partnership opportunities, working closely with other pricing teams, underwriting and partnership managers to forge strong and mutual relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Motor is our largest product, and this role offers the opportunity to drive innovation that adds significant value to the business. You will use your insurance market knowledge and pricing expertise to develop and implement optimisation strategies that enable us to deliver on our business objectives. We work closely with the wider Retail business to manage our Trading performance and with our Technical Excellence Pricing colleagues, so building and maintaining strong relationships is key to us achieving our goals.
Following the recent acquisition of Legal and General GI, the Home product now forms a significant part of our retail portfolio. In this role you will be a key member of the portfolio pricing team and work on optimising our rates in order to deliver the best prices to market. You will need to use your relationship building skills as we work closely with teams in the wider business to manage our trading position and achieve our business goals.
You will be joining an agile Pricing team looking to grow our digital only product offering. The brand initially launched in 2019 and our growth is expected to continue through the organic growth of current offerings and enhancing the range of products offered.
These roles will be based in either our Croydon, Birmingham or Bournemouth office on a Hybrid basis, with considerable opportunity to work from home up on a regular basis. We adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning and development.
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but the following will enable you to hit the ground running:
- Proven experience in working with large data sources and a good command of Python, SQL, SAS or similar coding languages
- Experience of Willis Towers Watson software suite mainly focused on Radar and Emblem
- Good understanding of the various elements of the price we set, and how we can optimise this to deliver business targets
- Good stakeholder management skills, including communication, expectation management and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout both the Pricing Department and the wider business
- Knowledge of relevant statistical modelling methods and machine learning techniques
In addition you will be quick to learn, with the ability to prioritise activities and work accurately to tight deadlines, always remaining responsive to the needs of the business
Ideally you will hold a highly numerate degree, and have experience of applying your knowledge in a business environment. A background in either Motor or Home General Insurance Pricing is helpful but not essential.
Your role will vary day to day, but here is a bit of what you can expect:
- Carry out and support the team to deliver pricing analysis
- Coordinate the delivery of technical projects to improve underwriting performance against common technical modelling standards and adherence to data controls
- With your manager, define, set priority and report on status of project work and rate reviews / analysis to support product and pricing development
- Oversight of pricing and underwriting monitors, ensuring key points are raised to the wider business
- Support manager in Pricing meetings through presenting and contributing to outcomes
- Assist in coaching and developing other colleagues within the team to ensure constant up-skilling.
- Keep abreast of developments in the Company and wider UK insurance market
- When required, to deputise for your manager and contribute to pricing strategy
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 30 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LV= GI, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. LV=GI is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.