Motor Desk Engineer - Level 2
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
We have a new opportunity within our family of talented people for a Level 2 Claims Desk Engineer located at either our Huddersfield, Bristol, Brentwood or Ipswich locations to join our Claims Engineering team. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
To manage motor claims within agreed financial limits ensuring best cost negotiation and minimal leakage. To provide accurate total loss vehicle valuations. To support other areas of the business with technical knowledge and advice. To actively manage individual work load ensuring department and business SLA’s are achieved.
- Responsible for analysing each claim and making decision on best course for claim
- Responsible for ensuring repairable cases are authorised within SLA at best commercial terms for the business
- Responsible for ensuring total loss cases are valued, categorised (ABI code of practice) correctly, and processed within SLA
- Ensure all possible effort given to improve internal processes, minimise leakage, maximise savings and improve client service and the efficiency of the Engineering team
- Respond to internal/external technical queries, providing written response where required
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Craft (Parts 1, & 2) or equivalent
- Relevant trade experience in vehicle repairs
- Full member of the Institute of Automotive Engineering Assessors or working towards
- Thorough knowledge of Audatex estimating system
- Sound knowledge of other estimating systems
- Ability to analyse information and propose solutions
- Proven negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage workload in a busy customer-facing environment
- Able to communicate at all levels, customer, business etc…
- A team player that works well in a group
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 24 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
- We secure your future
- Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LV= GI, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. LV=GI is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.