Technical Home Claims Manager
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Not Specified
Who we are
We are not your average insurance company; in fact, we strive to be different. You will not find strict dress codes, jargon-filled documents, or unrealistic targets here. What you will find is a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers.
LV= GI is a large, multi-award-winning general insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
As a Home Technical Manager, you will have all of the skills appropriate to a Home Technical Claims Controller. You will not only be at the forefront of handling complex home claims, but imparting those skills into your own team. You’ll assist Head of Home Technical Claims to develop Home Technical Claims into being market leaders in terms of customer satisfaction, home claims knowledge and claims handling ability. Within that, be directly responsible for supporting own team of Home Technical Claims Controllers.
- Ability to manage a team of people, including remotely based team members. Ability to embed company values and departmental values within day to day working practices
- Substantial experience of home technical claim handling, including excellent reserving, negotiation and proactive case management skills
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy; is able to identify vulnerable customers and ensures our claim response is adapted to support their needs.
- Excellent communication and mentoring ability
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Able to identify areas of opportunity to enhance claim outcomes and define strategies, and implement them effectively, which contribute towards Home technical claim handling strategy.
- To represent GI Home Claims, as LV=, at internal and external forums as agreed
- Able to identify regulatory changes or FOS decisions that impact on claim guidance and philosophies; along with financial and inflationary impact to claim indemnity costs.
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 26 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
- We secure your future
- Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LV= GI, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. LV=GI is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.